Welcome on Waave project's page ! Waave's library has been recently released and need to be tested ! Please try it and report your feedbacks on the project mailing list ! Any help to improve the waave's website would be greatly appreciated.
Waave on Sourceforge.
What is Waave ?
Waave intent to be a simple, modular and multi-contextual audio/video library based on FFmpeg and SDL. Its name refers to a natural question you can ask yourself : Why Another Audio Video Engine ? So, follows the waave's targets :
- Waave tries to be as simple as possible. You can play streams effortlessly just with a simple open, load, play sequence.
- Waave has a multi-contextual engine. You can play various streams of several type at a same time.
- Waave implements modular streaming methods. This means that you can stream video anywhere you want (YUV overlay, opengl texture ...), you just have to provide a "getBuffer" and a "refresh" method.
- Waave implement modular sync methods. This means that you can sync your application to the playing stream or sync the stream to your own clock.
January 12, 2013: library update
new functionalities :
- Added the filterBuffer method in the streaming object
- Added "WV_getStreamWidth", "WV_getStreamHeight"
- new SDL1.2 streaming object that use HW surface
- Added updateFlag on the streaming objects
November 20, 2012: library update
Corrected bug :
- use frame->extended_data instead of frame->data to resample audio
- waave now work with ffmpeg version 1.0, 0.11.2, 0.10.6, 0.9.2, 0.8.12, 0.7.13, 0.6.6, 0.5.10
September 1, 2012: library update
Corrected bug :
- WVStreamingObject::close isn't executed by the main thread
Added some commands :
- added the "WV_getVolume", "WV_getDBVolume" and "WV_getVolumeDBPitche" commands
- added the "WV_getStreamingMethod" and "WV_getSyncMethod" commands
July 24, 2012: library update
Corrected some commands :
- added the "WV_stopStream" command
- now waave signal EOF when we seek after stream end
July 23, 2012: Added support for c++
Multiple corrections for c++ support :
added - extern "C" -
renamed "private" struct fields witch are reserved in c++
changed WV_getStream prototype
July 18, 2012: Added support for SDL 2.0
Added streaming objects for SDL 2.0. See the waave's reference to know how to create them. The 1.2 objects are also modified. Two video player are given to test the library. See the test/ folder :
- waaveplayer12.c for SDL 1.2
- waaveplayer20.c for SDL 2.0
July 05, 2012: First release of Waave library
Waave was successfully compiled with sdl-1.2 and currents FFmpeg version 0.11.1, 0.10.2, 0.9.1, 0.8.11, 0.7.12, 0.6.5, 0.5.8. All the project parts need to be tested :
- the configure/make script
- the different streaming methods
- need to try multiple streaming targets
- check sync accuracy